Wednesday, December 28, 2016

From Beginning to Now

I've received many requests for tutorials or videos on doll making and I'd really like accommodate those requests.  I hope in the new year to be able to post up some tutorial videos of some of the techniques I use.  From experience, I know how difficult it is to find any instructional material for porcelain doll making, in particular miniature doll making.  When one "gets the bug" to learn something, it's nice to get results to our research and really learn something well.  It's like an obsession with me, when I discover something new to learn and master, to find out all the information I can about the topic.  So, hopefully I can help those out who would really like to know these "secrets"...they're not secrets really, it just takes lots of practice :)

And I mean PRACTICE...take a look at these beauties.  Some of my first dolls.  A few made from polymer clay and some of porcelain.  I had to dig for these :)  They are from about 15 years ago...yowsa!!


I learned most of my doll making skills online with tutorials made by talented doll artists.  In fact, most of these tutorials are still up on these artists' sites.  Check them out:  

So, I hope to add to the treasure trove of tutorials out there...let's see if I can do it!  Juggling work, family and school...well, I AM superwoman you know!  

To end my post with my latest dressed doll and to show how far I've come...practice practice practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment