Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Violets

I wanted to make a series of dolls inspired by flowers and then have a certificate of authenticity to lend to the collectible nature of my dolls.  Here is my first:  Violet.
I had to do the 1950's New Look again, of course.  I love love this time period in fashion history!  So she is wearing a full petticoat with lace underneath her full circle skirt of blue and violet silk.  Her waistband is a silk plaid coordinating with the blues and purples.  Her upper bodice is a pale yellow silk dupioni with a keyhole opening in the back.  I made tiny "violets" of ribbon for her waistband and hair.  I love her face...I wish my camera could do my dolls justice!  Her eyes are green and she has such a serene expression.  I china paint my dolls' faces and shoes because I want them to be long lasting collectibles.  China paint is fired in several layers onto the porcelain and cannot be scraped off...ever :)  I see some day in the distant future, at an archaeological dig, one of my dolls being found...minus clothes of course (they won't last as long as the porcelain!)....he he...what a fantasy eh?


So the certificates of authenticity are something I've wanted to do for awhile now.  I will start sending them along with each custom dressed doll, like this one.  I do hope this will help my dolls be collectible, and perhaps someday they will :)  Here is the certificate...it won't be real without my signature and date and "special symbol"...he he.
So farewell for now and have a great week everyone!!  Ah one more thing, Violet is currently up for sale on Etsy and Ebay!



No comments:

Post a Comment