Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Custom doll inspired by Game of Thrones

Just thought I'd show you the doll I finished today for a dear customer.  She's a character inspired by the show Game of Thrones.  I really had a good time figuring out how to make "fur".  I used a yarn called "Pipsqueak" by Bernat.  Really amazing and much more realistic than a chenille type trim.


You've just got to get creative when making miniatures.  For this character's sword, I used a beading needle, with the handle made of polymer clay, a bead, and a nail art charm.  I then painted the handle brown and the rest a dull gold color.  Then I sealed it all with Mod Podge.  What do you think?

And lastly, I found the best glue in the best format EVER.  It's Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue in pen form.  For one, it dries quickly but best of all, you can control the flow by how hard you squeeze the pen.  The pen's cap also has an insert that goes into the tip to prevent glue from drying over the top.  GENIUS.  

So, farewell for now.  Until we meet again!



No comments:

Post a Comment