Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Happy Wednesday!  I have to say, this weather just needs to make up it's mind!  This weekend was in the 80's here and now it's gray and drizzly!  Well, I've got my Happy Light on, so things should be ok :)

So Lilli's Littles is gaining momentum and picking up!  I've been meeting the nicest customers from around the world.  I think miniature collectors and artisans are some of the sweetest people!  Maybe it's the childlike wonder we've kept in order to dream and create worlds in small scale?  Most people I know usually look at a well made miniature with awe and wonder.  I think it brings people back to hope and imagination.  It definitely brings me joy!

Here's my latest little creation.  She is a lovely Victorian lady in teal silk with red accents.  I enjoyed creating her beaded motif.  The excess and opulence of that era is fascinating.  I think about the yards and yards of fabric used to make these gowns in real life!  She is currently in my Etsy shop and up on Ebay. (user name:  lillislittles)

I'm working on a custom doll order right now that I am enjoying so much!  The sweet little colonial dress has a beautiful flower pattern that I've hand painted into a trim and it's absolutely beautiful!


  I think of fashion history and it blows me away to think how fluid and changing the styles have been over the centuries; and really, how clothing has played such role in status and character.  I think I will research more fashion history as it really fascinates me.  I've taken a class in fashion history and from it I've come to own a most wonderful compendium:  
It's short and concise, but also gives one a glimpse into the daily life and politics of the particular era.   It's very helpful when researching costume for a particular figure.  

Musings from Lilli :)  Now onto my second cup of coffee....




No comments:

Post a Comment